Thursday, February 27, 2014

Evaluation

So I had my final evaluation at work today.  I stress about these days and I also look forward to them.  They make me remember what I need to work on as an educator.  It was a good meeting.  I have progressed and have a new goal....use less pencil/paper and more hands/bodies.  I am also going to use metacognition in a Kindergarten classroom.

Having metacognition in a Kindergarten classroom is a challenge.  Most of the time it is not done because it is difficult to get 5 year olds to ponder and reflect on what they are thinking about.  They think about it but verbalizing it is the difficult part.  I am up to the challenge.  I have also decided to do more small group instruction and less whole group instruction.  This is going to have a learning curve for me as well as my students.

I finished a paper last night for my doctoral class that I'm very proud of!  One down class down and another one is around the corner.  What a process.  What a challenge.  What was I thinking??!!??


No comments:

Post a Comment